This is the time of year when we all think about our nearest and dearest. So a post entitled special friend shouldn't seem that strange.
You will all have read my posts that refer to 'Special Friend' so you may have a sense of who she is.
I had a chat with her a couple of weeks ago. She is a truly great spontaneous person and for some reason only known to her, she doesn't like the word special.
This saddens me, for special describes everything she is to me. Someone who is that little bit above the rest. Something that sets her aside from 'Best Friend' whom I have been friends with for many years.
The dictionary says:
1. of a kind different from others; distinctive, peculiar, or unique
2. exceptional; extraordinary: a special treat
3. highly regarded or valued: a special friend
4. Surpassing what is common or usual; exceptional: special treat.
5. Regarded with particular affection and admiration.
And I think that sums her up - pretty much and it saddens me that I have to stop using this adjective. However, she means a lot to me and I don't want to offend, so we have agreed on the word "Fab" or "Fabulous".
Lets consult the dictionary....
1. of or like a fable; imaginary, fictitious, or legendary
2. hard to believe; incredible; astounding
3. Informal very good; wonderful
4. Barely credible; astonishing: the fabulous endurance of a marathon runner.
5. Extremely pleasing or successful: a fabulous vacation.
6. a. Of the nature of a fable or myth; legendary.
b. Told of or celebrated in fables or legends.
Hmmmmmm, Personally I don't think its fits so well, but she really is a great friend and I don't want to offend. So from now on when I refer to my Fab Friend, you my readers will know that I'm really referring to Special Friend.
......and a big thank you to her, for her help support and encouragement this year.
Looks like I have to start once again with an apology. Its ages since my last post. Some of that time was spent getting back on track, some of it because I've been training with Business Initiative, trying to get to grips with the financial elements of my business.
Just 2 weeks ago, someone sent an email out to my fellow course delegates that they didn't intend to send. This happened to mention what they thought about me personally. I found this devastating.
The old me would have crumbled completely, and I did for a couple of days with sleepless nights etc. Then I picked myself up, dusted myself off.
Since then I have exchanged a dialogue with that person via email. We are complete opposites and I have to admit I didn't exactly connect with her either. I just wasn't stupid enough to send an email to everyone else!!! To cut a long story short, chatting to each other has allowed us to understand who we both are and how we interact. In fact its improved our relationship.
I'll struggle to trust her totally, but am pleased with the outcome. Its a win/win.