Wednesday 16 March 2011

Its all a matter of timing

Sometimes you think you have all the answers. For the last ten years I've said to myself (and publicly to others that if my company made redundancies I'd be the first in the queue waiting fro my cheque.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy working for my company or my job, just simply that with a number of years service behind me, experience in two very different roles, a cheque in my back pocket and a strong chance of walking into another role it seemed to be an easy decision.

More recently that's become more likely. My company has merged and departments are seeing changes and restructuring. I'm also looking at setting up a coaching business.

Trouble is yesterday I was told that my job is moving 32 miles away, a 1 1/2 hour commute and I may have the opportunity to take redundancy. Now in the cold light of day that's a scary thought.

Hubby has recently taken redundancy to start his own business. I am the only wage earner. The thought of not having a regular income into the household is well, frankly terrifying. The job market has worsened with tales of 200 applicant applying for one job and I'm not quite ready to get my business off the ground, with all the doubts that go with it.

Heck, do I follow my heart or my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment