Friday 4 March 2011

Self development Workshop

How come its so easy for other people to mess up your plans?

When I was on my coaching course, I met another girl who had similar ideas to me, she was fab and we got on really well. We have ideas for the future and although we want to have separate businesses being in different parts of the country we can see opportunities to work on joint projects.

One of those projects was a workshop. Without going into too much detail, I found a venue for the workshop that allowed us to show case the workshop, and through charging a very modest fee we would be able to cover our costs.

Everything was agreed, we'd settled on a date with the organiser and I'd submitted an advert to attract the delegates to the organisor. And her boss has pulled the plug on the basis that she things its too expensive with just 4 weeks to go.

The amount we were charging per delegate was about a sixth of the starting prices for other similar self development workshops and wouldn't cover the cost of an hours coaching. I thinks its great value for money. Sometimes I just want to scream.

Now, we can still run the workshops but funding the venue and finding delegates will be more difficult.

2 comments:

  1. I never rely on other people these days having been through similar experiences. Sometimes you have to to move forward but in the end some things just aren't as important to them as they are to you. Good luck with the workshop.

    How are things going? I would like to do more coaching, I find myself coaching without even realising sometimes. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to set off on my own at the moment but who knows what may turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These setbacks are what will make you successful. It is a steep learning curve in business and you have to be very tough to succeed. And you will- just keep going XX

    ReplyDelete