Sunday 29 May 2011

Envy in Coaching Part 2





Envy is a symptom of lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self worth. Each of us has something to give that no one else has.





So back in December I lost a friend because she can't handle some business competition. Its a sad loss and I also lost my coach. Its May now and I've started to accept it. I see her at the gym and we exchange the normal pleasantries, and then when I was least expecting it, during an appointment with my beautician, she tells me that my business cards have gone missing and being replaced my another coaches' business cards. When I looked they were the cards of my coach. We're not sure whether they were swapped by my coach or her beautician as a favour and I can't prove anything, but I have my suspicions and I am learning to trust my instincts.

It has made me angry and I am feeling emotions that I don't want to feel.

I've not removed her cards. I wouldn't stoop to that level. I want to confront her, but not only do I have no proof, I am concerned this will just escalate the situation.

It has of course made me all the more determined to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. That's low. But, given your previous experience, probably only to be expected. I think you should get your cards into every OTHER beautician/salon/hairdresser in the area. Swamp her out. Be NICE about it! Don't ever stoop to her level or be derogatory about her - ever - to anyone. What goes around comes around and, on current form, she'll end up getting the reputation she obviously deserves. I'm sure there's room for the two of you to peacefully co-exist but seeing as she doesn't see that... she's pretty much decided your course of action for you. It may take a while but customers will come to realise who they would rather use. This is just a battle, it's winning the war that counts. And if you'd like some - ahem - strategy ideas let me know. I'd be happy to help. FBX M

    ReplyDelete