Tuesday 27 April 2010

Looking Back - Psychology


When I was stuck in my job knowing I was a square peg, I knew I wanted to do something different. I’m the sort of person who has an enquiring mind. I always want to know what makes people tick.

Why do they do what they do?

How does that impact on me?

What would happen if they had handled if differently?

Psychology seemed to be the answer. I’d been wondering about it and there was a course at my local college for an A level. A chance conversation with a colleague established that she fancied doing it to and hey presto! I had a comfort blanket to take to college with me.

It wasn’t what I expected. It’s a very theoretical topic. Looking back I wonder if I expected practising on fellow students with a big black couch. I guess not.

Still, I saw it through and to my credit I have a grade ‘B’ ‘A’ level in Psychology, but I knew I didn’t want to pursue this any further.

See previous looking back post


No comments:

Post a Comment