Friday 26 March 2010

Looking Back - Falling Out of my Tree

When I took that job 10 years ago – everything changed. I’d been top of my tree for a long time. I knew everything I could know about my old job, I could do it backwards AND standing on my head. Suddenly I found myself starting from scratch, learning new things. It challenged my brain in a way I’d not been challenged for a long time, and I found it very hard.

I don’t know when and how it started, but I began to loose confidence. Maybe I made a mistake and took it to heart. I can be very hard on myself at times. But I started to loose confidence. My boss didn’t help. He’s a nice guy, but by his own admission his skills don’t lie with people. He finds it hard to encourage, motivate and support.

I’d fallen from the top of my tree

See previous Looking Back Post

No comments:

Post a Comment