Wednesday 10 March 2010

Looking Back - Taking a step back

20+ years ago, I took a job within the financial services industry. I was more or less straight from school and had very little confidence. The company turned out to be a fantastic employer and I got an opportunity to work with the public for several years. I enjoyed (almost) every minute of working with the public, and blossomed. I had found my niche. It’s a time I look back on with found memories, the people I worked with, the public and the fact that this was a time when I had CONFIDENCE. I could do the job standing on my head and was good at it.

Around ten years ago, I found myself wanting more, a career perhaps, but didn’t really fancy managing a sales team. An internal vacancy came up for something quite different, analytical. I enjoyed thinking and solving problems, it seemed ideal and I applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment