Tuesday 11 May 2010

A good read - Amazing Gracie

I don’t read many books. I tend to like a nice light-hearted easy read. Like a good dog story. I didn’t know anything about Amazing Gracie, but I liked the cover and Amazon had recommended it based on me having read the more famous Marley & Me. So I popped it on my Amazon Wish List and low and behold, some very special friends bought it for me recently as a birthday present.

It was everything I expected. The usual fall in love with a dog story but sitting underneath was a story about Gracie’s owner and his friend, and how Gracie became the inspiration they had been lacking for their new business venture. The venture was not just a successful business – it was life changing.

I’ll not tell you more just in case you want to read it, but I drew this from it:

• Sometimes if you want success in life, you need to look in unlikely places.
• If you want something bad enough, you’ll work hard to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment