Monday 23 August 2010

Blogging Addiction - get a life!

I get a regular health and well-being 'helpline' newsletter through work every week. It covers a number of topics and I always cast my eye over them to see if anything is interesting or useful to me.


This week I was offered advice about addictions to blogging. It states:


" Blogging is a wonderful way to express yourself and share your thoughts and opinions with the world. But for some, blogging has spiralled out of control. They can't tear themselves away from their computers long enough to have a conversation with an actual person. "

Scary stuff!

Fortunately I don't believe I'm addicted. My problem stems more closely to OCD. I blog religiously in a methodical and structured way.

According to the newsletter - its curable (the addiction not the OCD tendancies). It suggests getting a psychologist involved and limiting blogging to 30-45 mins a day. In addition people should be encouraged to see what is good in their real life.

I think it was suggesting that Bloggers should "get a life".

Personally I have found blogging in a structured and OCD kind of way has enabled me to get help and support where it might not normally be available and this seems to be the same for many of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment