Thursday 15 July 2010

Looking Back - Realising I needed coaching

Going back in time again, and following on from last weeks post:

I had been coaching people for a number of months. Its really strange. You can spend a lot of time with people who want to address their own issues. They know what they want to deal with but don’t know how to deal with it.

Sitting opposite them, exercising my listening skills, showing them support and encouragement is easy. It’s a fantastic experience watching them grow and learning to understand how deal with their issues.

But its very easy to associate with their issues and think – “that’s me”. I knew I had confidence issues, I knew I had to deal with them. I have all these new coaching skills – so why can I so easily help other people and yet not apply this skill-set to myself?

So that’s when I made the decision to get myself a coach......

No comments:

Post a Comment