Thursday 3 June 2010

Practising Coaching Skills

I already have some coaching skills, from an introductory coaching course my employers ran through CECO and a chap called Neil Espin. What I need to do is start incorporating them into my everyday life.  I believe that becoming a coach should be self absorbing. I need to eat, sleep, breath coaching.

Special Friend and I were chatting whilst on holiday. We're both at a similar stage in terms of new starts, new businesses etc. We started to talk about our new hopes, dreams and aspirations. I felt myself slip into coaching mode. I started to listen more carefully, stop offering advice and encouraged Special Friend to look at what her blocks were.

I don't know whether she noticed the change in me or not. But I don't want to be making conscious changes, I want to live and breathe "coach".

No comments:

Post a Comment