Wednesday 2 June 2010

What truly special experiences have you had?

I enjoy excitement.

The anticipation of Christmas is always fantastic, going on holiday is always exciting and requires a count down of gettups (those are the days where you actually have to get up and go to work so excludes weekends). Yet all these things are perfectly normal occurrences.

Camping on a mountain got me thinking. I'd class it as one of those really truly special life experiences. How many truly special life experiences have I had so far in my life?

I have enough fingers to count them on.

  • Taking a hot air balloon over the Valley of the Kings in Egypt at Dawn!
  • Wild Camping for the first time at Dale Head Tarn with really good friends and waking up above the snow line.
  • Walking with Wolves
  • Climbing all of the three peaks
  • Opening birthday presents on a mountain
  • Climbing all the Wainwrights before I was 40 and winning a bet in the process (thanks Best Man Friend)
  • Taking part in a rally driving experience day

This doesn't really seem enough for a 40 year old!

1 comment:

  1. There seems to be a lakes and mountains theme emerging.... and of course, its the quality not the quantity that counts. Here's to lots more quality wonderful experiences...

    ReplyDelete